Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open source, cross-platform e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation.
- If you have previously set up another account in Thunderbird:
Click on Tools –> Accounts Settings –> Account Actions –> Add Mail Account
(If you have not previously configured an account in Thunderbird, skip this step)
- Fill in the following fields:
- Your name: Your full name (Dave Warren)
- Email address: Your full email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your email password
- Click Continue
- Click Create Account.
Note that Thunderbird will automatically retrieve server settings, so you do not need to manually enter any server information at all in most cases. The default configuration uses SSL for encryption and security, and should be compatible with most internet providers including providers that block port 25.