Effective immediately, we have changed the rules for changing passwords for mail server accounts. In order to create an account, or change an existing account’s password, a password must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 6 characters (longer is recommended)
- Contain at least one upper case letter, lower case letter, and number.
- Not contain the full name or mailbox.
- Not match a list of very common/passwords.
- Not match any of the passwords recently used by that account.
This will not affect accounts that already exist, even if you have a terribly weak password, you can continue using it for the moment. However, we will be starting to require password changes for accounts with extremely weak passwords, when this happens, you’ll be prompted to change your password on the next login.
If you have any questions, please contact support.